PDA

View Full Version : i can't stop eating

wilst
02-26-2004, 10:54 PM
here's the problem, i can't say no to food. I couldn't be anorexic or bulimic if i tried. I cannot, I will not , say no to food. How can I say no? If I see a box of cookies, it's like a tractor beam, and it pulls me in even though I know only temporary pleasure will come from it.I don't want to have an eating disorder, don't get me wrong. But, I do need control .I constantly feel bloated, even when I havn't eaten anything. Maybe that's a problem in itself. I always feel like my stomach is packed full of sh*t, and no matter what I do, the fat residing at the botom of my stomach won't go away. I'm small everywhere else. Okay, my legs are huge too, so basically i'm a pear. A pear who can't say no to food, who does hundreds of situps but won't get thin, and who always feels like a stuffed turkey. How do you anorexic people resist food? how do you have so much control? I could never do it. Anorexia will never be a problem for me; I can't even resist overeating. I don't know what hungry feels like, so I eat when I feel appropriate, which is always. What does hunary feel like/ When do you stop eating? I don't know?. Is hungry when you haven't eaten for so long that your stomach growls and achs? help, I'm on my way to chaotic eating...

misunderstoodami
02-27-2004, 12:36 AM
ok, you have a problem with food, its not anorexia or bullimia but it is a disordered eating pattern all the same.
i ask you this...do u eat out of stress? pain? loneliness?bordem?
is it worse if you feel bad? or someone shouts at you? is the food comforting?
if it is then i recomment you think before eating...why am i eating this? is it because i am hungry or because i am sad? if it is hunger as yourself how hungry am i?
1 not at all hungry
5 i could eat but i can wait
10 my stomach is grumbling and i need something to eat

anything under 5 and you dont eat it until you feel hungry.
write down your feelings before you feel the urge to eat alot. and trace back what has triggered you to need to overeat. it could also be that u are not busy enough, you have too much free time so fill it by grazing all day , i do to you are not alone!
in that case make plans to go out somewhere and plan your meals into breakfast lunch and dinner, have healthy snacks if u need them but aim to eat 4-5 times a day. (small meals)
if u need more help im here ok...just reply here and i can answer tomorrow!
ami xxx

BlacktearzofaGoth666
02-28-2004, 08:28 AM
Well to tell you ...........ya got an eating disorder you need some self control go to the gym and work out so u wont have to diet and fear getting a eating disorder in the future just work ur bootie off and then u'll be fine thats wut i did and i eat normally and i used to be a fatt piggy but since i go to the gym im not

shadow

lyndzer87
02-28-2004, 04:06 PM
I think misunderstoodami is right. . . . think about y u are eating before you do. Never say that anorexia will never be a problem for you. . . . thats what i used to say cus i ate all the time but now i have had it for almost a year! try to keep yourself busy and maybe u wont eat as much

wilst
02-28-2004, 11:46 PM
yea, but what about the fat? the fat doesn't go away ever. I am way skinny everywhere except for my legs and lower abdominal fat. Like I said, I'm a pear. I've got small shoulders and tiny wrists/ arms and a tiny waist and rib cage ( If you only saw my top half, I would look like a petite person ).However, on the bottom I'm a beast. I've got short little ham legs and fat cellulite hips and a protruding lower belly and a huge butt. It won't go away. I seriously look like a accident; like God took a fat person's bottom half and a tiny person's top half and somehow fused them together. If I had to compare myself to a mythological creature, it would be a centaur.

Everyone else in my family is shaped like a pear too. It's what happens; we're prone. But I won't settle for that. It's no excuse. I'm a piggy and I'm sick of it. I've got probalby one of the most unattractive body types a person can have. Oh great, now i've jinxed myself and i'm going to wake up tomorrow as an obese fatty. It can always get worse.

thedyingpoeticLes15
02-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Wilst,
Plz don't say things like that, u'r not fat, it's just ur body shape, ur figure. Don't worry it's really not as bad as it seems. Just do the schedule thing like Ami said & even take up a fun sport that u like to do, trust me it wall be great. If u need to talk to someone, I'm there.

-Les

lyndzer87
03-02-2004, 02:03 PM
I truly beleive that we were all created in God's image and God feels as if our bodies are beautiful temples. Learning to accept what we've got can be tough but we have to do it one day or another. As long as you eat healthy and exercise you ahould be in fine shape. I am sure your bottom half isn't as big as you make it sound anyways cus im sure u have a skewed perception of yourself. I have problems with the way I look too but it always helps me to think about the fact that God thinks im perfect in every way! know that God's love for u is sooo strong and im here if u need/ want to talk!

AmyLee
12-13-2005, 07:55 AM
I start a diet and the next day i find myself eating McDonald's. By the time i finish eating i start crying asking myself why the f*ck i did that.

I can't stop. This is a f*cking disease....

worrydolly
12-13-2005, 08:06 AM
I'm naturally slim but I still find it soooo hard to control myself against temptations... it's a constant struggle. Like, I'll say: today is my healthy day, I'm not going to eat ANY bad things whatsoever, and then I find myself having just ONE chocolate or pudding... it tastes so good when I'm eating it but afterwards.... I just feel so bad, gulity and fat.
So I COMPLETELY know what you're talking about... and sorry that I can't offer any advice but I can relate to you. At least you know you're not alone.
PM me if you need to talk... I'll always be here...
Luv Lily xxx

*pandora's*box*
12-13-2005, 10:39 AM
It sounds as if you do have a problem. Eating disorders aren't limited to anorexia and bulimia.

Are you more prone to eat when you're bored? lonely? upset? Do you eat when you get in a fight with your parents or your friends?

People abuse food in all sorts of ways: some eat too much, some throw up, some don't eat.

I think you need to get to the root of the problem-what makes you crave food? It's taking the place of something that's missing.

Talk to someone...it might help.

xxx
pandora

YvesSL
12-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Had that eating disorder too. (alovelyvariety) ana,mia,coe.......horrible........................ .................................................. ................

I relate to the exact feelings you have. An addiction , as if it were non-stopable. But you have to think more positive and make yourself FILL WITH HOPE instead of food. To do this you have to gently wean yourself off large amounts of food.

Try this..............

Keep a mental note food journal 1.2.3.4 (1breakfast, 2lunch, 3dinner, 4(snacky)optional or gum

OKay this is what i did and it miraculously worked. Now if your addicted to fast food or junk food , tomarrow , try buying your breakfast,lunch & dinner out, so you wean your bad food addiction. It's not bad and you'll get your body used to eating 3 balanced meals at certain times.

Okay here was my WEAN OFF LOTS OF FOOD JOURNAL .........

1. Lg. Dunkin donut coffee & Donut ....(7 am)

2. 6" Subway sandwich, bag of doritoes, med. sprite(11 am)

3. Wendy's Salad OR go for the burger meal(if ya daring appetite wants it) (5 pm)

4. Snacky.....should be, yogurt or if ya still want junk, go for the chocolate

*LET YOUR STOMACH SPEAK OUT * That's how you will regulate appetite, is by eating at regular times and giving it what it wants. You keep this sample diet if your still addicted to bad stuff. You will find out you won't be so addicted cuz your getting what you want at that certain time. You feed the craving it won't ATTACK YOU INTO A BINGE FEST(BElieve me , binges are horrible and should never ever happen)

Okay now that you saw my stuff, you have to let me know if it worked . PLease , i strongly advise this to you!

Now i don't recommend this diet everyday,...... for the rest of the weak eat healthier with a twist..........

>>>>>Try a hardy bowl of morning cereal w/ oj /fruit , and healthy portioned meals(and enough food ) don't starve yourself at those time frames or around it & use the 1234 rule, don't deprive yourself ..., it only makes you lash out and eat the kitchen.

Success story ........I myself have found binging was a horrible , sinful deed. It was MY DIRTY LITTLE SECRET...i fought it by indulging in foods i would never ever touch,but then again i ate everything in site when i didn't. I finally gave myself what i wanted and spread it out through the day 3 meals,1 snack,,,,,,,,,,,,Magically i ate less after that day and became normal once again, making my binge as small as a piece of cake,serv.rice pudding,1/2 brownie with milk. Magically my cravings died down tremendously and i can enjoy the things i love most. Friends and family, spending time with them and eating anything i want and becoming confident within myself , NO LONGER IS BINGING An ENJOYMENT. I once thought of dreaming to finish a cherry pie locked in my room,,,,, Now I love to walk outside and hang out with friends & eat what i want & be confident.To keep loosing i stick to a diet of cereal, yogurt & coffee at night.Loosing about 5 lbs a week. I'll tell you the truth and that's my deal. So eat it all up.........

If I can do it anyone can do it.

<3 Jilly

lennybop
03-29-2008, 06:40 PM
here's the problem, i can't say no to food. I couldn't be anorexic or bulimic if i tried. I cannot, I will not , say no to food. How can I say no? If I see a box of cookies, it's like a tractor beam, and it pulls me in even though I know only temporary pleasure will come from it.I don't want to have an eating disorder, don't get me wrong. But, I do need control .I constantly feel bloated, even when I havn't eaten anything. Maybe that's a problem in itself. I always feel like my stomach is packed full of sh*t, and no matter what I do, the fat residing at the botom of my stomach won't go away. I'm small everywhere else. Okay, my legs are huge too, so basically i'm a pear. A pear who can't say no to food, who does hundreds of situps but won't get thin, and who always feels like a stuffed turkey. How do you anorexic people resist food? how do you have so much control? I could never do it. Anorexia will never be a problem for me; I can't even resist overeating. I don't know what hungry feels like, so I eat when I feel appropriate, which is always. What does hunary feel like/ When do you stop eating? I don't know?. Is hungry when you haven't eaten for so long that your stomach growls and achs? help, I'm on my way to chaotic eating...

Wow, totally random, but i thought i was alone on the tractor beam syndrome. I've been struggling with my weight all my life too but it all goes to this tire thing around my belly, so the fact that i just had like a large chinese thing all by myself at 10:00 pm is kind of depressing but its a bottomless pit. Food is like the cat nip, and i'm the cat...seriously it's all about self control. diets bulemia, anorexia, its all relative, but if you dont have the attitude it wont work. y entire family does it though so its hard to avoid, there's food everywhere. I tell myself every day im gunna do it, but i havnt found the will yet.Its like a botomless pit dude. I've put on like 30 lbs in 9 months. I thought i beat it too. I was running eating healthy lost 20lbs, but then i stopped sports and fell into a bad depression.

By the by, you're probably overreacting to your stocky body, you're probably gorgeous but you've been staring at the 90 lbs line in the lingerie dept....just remember not everyone is meant to be a toothpick....but everyone is prone to being a fat ass one day you just need to remember its fixable!! :D

xangelswingsx
04-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Im not trying to promote anorexia .-.-.-its a disease not a diet.-.-.-. ...
Still though just think 'whenever you say no to food ... you say yes to thin ' but honestly don't gert sucked into anorexia or bulimia its rough and if u really reckon ur overweight go on a doctors diet or join curves or weight watchers .anorexia sucks ... ul never be good enough :(

wantsjoy
05-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Settings Members Blogging Search Quick Links Log Out

Face the Issue Forums > Share Your Story > Bulimia > Binge Eating Disorder
Reply to Thread
Welcome, wantsjoy.
You last visited: Today at 01:15 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 1.

Show Threads Show Posts

Advanced Search

Quick Links
Today's Posts
Mark Forums Read
Open Buddy List
User Control Panel
Edit Signature
Edit Profile
Edit Options
Miscellaneous
Private Messages
Subscribed Threads
My Profile
Who's Online

Blogging
Blog Directory
Search Blogs
Setup Your Own Blog

Go to Page...

Preview
I know this much I have given up my fight
I think I know what you are talking about //over eating might not necessary mean that you are going to throw up. I would do this , when upset about something and turn to food as comfort just to find I just abused myself with food and followed suite with what my life feels like causing more pain instead of helping after I binged and eaten my way to fullness and beyond I never purge ( I have tried I cant) meaning I have not gag reflux or something Iíve tried even shoveling a spoon or the handle of a tooth brush so I just eat my way to exsulstion and become fatter and fatter dieing a slow and painful death to obesity

see I cant escape my prison ( my sick fat body )anyways so why try anymore I have a thyroid disease with no cure and it makes you fat and depressed and i am insulin resistant so I cannot lose weight even if I staved myself and worked out 2 hrs a day like a maniac believe me a tried so I gave in and now I am a obese wale and depressed I have tried everything
being obbssed about food and calories was a disease in itsself!!!!!!! Never helped me anyways
for 1 year stright all I ate was a sweet potatoe for lunch and a protien low cal vitimin supplement drink that had 90 cal and no fat or carbs that never helped etheir . I hate everthing in my life now
supplements accuputure herbs raw foods and now I just donít care anymore and have lost all hope

if anyone can help me or understands me, I would be grateful forever

trustandconflict
05-30-2008, 06:38 PM
i know what you mean. i'm the same. i can not eat the entire day and suddenly binge on chocolates and what not. then i feel guilty like s*it and i'll go to the gym to work my ass off but yet it feels so bad. it's like i have no self-control over myself. i try to eat healthy with just fruits for dinner but yet it doesn't seem to work they make me grow fat.

wantsjoy, keep thinking positive(: maybe you went at it the wrong way? like cause someone else in another thread told me that i screwed up my metabolism by not eating. so at first i can lose 1kg if i don't eat that day but my body's used to it (eating that certain little bit) after a while and i don't lose weight anymore. once your thyroid problem gets better, you could try again. but never compromise your health!

jemoess
06-09-2008, 05:55 PM
As lots of others have already said, it's an eating disorder - either Compulsive Over Eating disorder (COE) or Binge-Eating Disorder (BED). They are very similar, and easily mixed up. The difference is people with COE eat compulsively and spend a lot of time thinking and fantasizing about food and eating, while people with BED do not. Other than that, they're pretty much the same - eating past feeling full, eating a lot more than a normal person in one sitting, feeling guilty/ashamed/disgusted about how much food has been eaten and feeling like they have no control over what they've eaten.
Some ways you can stop are: eat each meal at the same time each day. Have a healthy meal plan that gives you enough calories and nutrients, but none extra. Try and keep only healthy foods in the house. If you get binge food when you go shopping, always have a written shopping list and don't allow yourself to buy anything that's not on the list.
Wantsjoy, by thyroid disease, do you mean hypothyroidism? Or a different thyroid disease? Because I've got hypothyroidism and I know a few ways to manage that.

hopelesshopefull
06-13-2008, 07:15 AM
your not SUPPOSSED to stop eating. If you do you will DIE.

Just make sure your eating healthy food. You can have all the apples and broccolli you desire, but not so much all the chocolate cake you want.

But of course, do not restrict food. If you want a peice of chocolate cake, then eat it. It's scientifically proven that if we, as humans, restrict food we will crave it. It's the rebelliousness in us.

Do not restrict food.

Do not diet.

Do not stop eating.

Food=life...literally