PDA

View Full Version : can epipens kill you?

mycutshurtbad123302
07-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Can epi pens kill you if their not prescribed to you?

xoxkissablexox
07-02-2005, 12:45 AM
Isn't that one of those things you use when you get a food alergy? If it is, why would you take it if you didn't need it? Does it give you a high or... what would it do? I'm confused by this question... I guess anything COULD kill you if you don't watch out... that's like asking can a dog kill you if it isn't yours... Of course it COULD but there's a chance it might not... I'm troubled by this question..... :confused:

sofaraway
07-02-2005, 07:26 AM
yeah i would think so. but I also ask why would you want to take it if it wasn't prescribed for you. The adrenaline with just speed up your heart rate, breathing, etc im sure you won't get a 'high' from it.

I don't know about the pens but if theres only 1 needle then don't use it if someone else has.

xazile
07-03-2005, 11:13 AM
any drug can kill you
a drug alters the way your body works, and if used in the wrong way it will do harm.

Perfidia
07-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Yes, an epipen can kill you.

I am allergic to Hornets, but I don't carry an epipen anymore. I got stung by a bumble bee once, and I'm not allergic to them, so when I got the shot, it actually gave me a fever and the chills...

If I was older and had a stronger doseage, then it probably would have done some very permanant damage.

Don;t use them if they arn't yours. They don't even give you a high, so why even bother?

forgotten_echos
07-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Enough of anything can kill you.

yello
07-11-2005, 05:11 AM
she's not asking if they can get you high, she's asking if they can kill you

guys, open your eyes, this one's about suicide.

and thanks for the interesting information--though i dont know where i'd get an epi-pen from.... hmmm

mycutshurtbad123302
07-12-2005, 11:01 AM
no my sister accidently stabbed herself with it and she wasn't having an allergic reaction so she got scared... but nah from what she said she felt really funny like floating... and thats when i got scared

SSSSSmokey
07-16-2005, 11:26 PM
If this is about suicide, I really feel sorry for the person asking. Jesus, find something better to kill yourself with...something that will work 100% of the time. Like skydiving and not pulling your parachute.

I guess this forum isn't the best place to post this since it is for rehabilitation, but it is off topic. This is the drug forum. The depressed suicidal forum is --->.

virusag13
07-30-2005, 06:10 AM
Yes it can kill a person, but most likely you would go into seizures first. I've seen a person get stuck with an epi-pen when they didn't need it. The guy passed out after a few minutes of having severe muscle spasms and seizures. In more severe cases it can cause a stroke or cardiac arrest (your heart stops beating). That's what he gets for messing with other peoples stuff.